Haven of Hope operates as a loving, dignified transitional living environment with a focus on healthy structure and routine. As a faith-based home we encourage weekly
church services to deepen our relationship with God and the daily attendance of 12 step meetings to guide us on our road to recovery.
I understand and agree to follow these House Guidelines and Standards:
- I understand I am required to remain on a 2 week buddy system from date of arrival. Buddy system may be a resident, approved friend/family member and/or staff. Failure to comply with buddy system will result in discharge. Curfew hours for buddy-system are 10:00 p.m. daily.
- I agree my recovery must be must be 1st priority above all else (work, activities, relationships).
- I agree to take random drug/alcohol tests when requested by the Haven of Hope Staff. All tests are supervised. If residents are unable to urine at time of request, they are required to remain in the office and/or within eyesight of staff until time of release. Refusal to take a test will result in immediate discharge.
- Residents are required to sign in/out with date, time and location. I agree to let Haven of Hope know where I am at all times.
- Residents must be up by 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday and in Morning Meeting by 8:30 a.m.
- I agree to arrive on time for all House Meetings. Residents should arrive 10 minutes prior to AA/NA Meetings for fellowship and should plan accordingly.
- Meetings must be attended daily. After 90 days of living at the Haven and if YOU are working full-time and/or attending school full-time; residents will be eligible to attend 5 meetings weekly in lieu of 7. Of those meetings (each week) I will attend: In-house meetings held on the 1st and last Tuesday of the month & EVERY Thursday 7:00 p.m. I must attend (1) off-site Big Book Step Study and (2-4) Haven of Hope approved meetings.
- I understand that for 90 days I must have AA/NA meeting papers signed by group secretaries to verify attendance. After 90 days residents are required to hand in meeting attendance sheet in but are not required to have signatures from group secretaries. Progress Notes are handed in to staff on Monday.
- I agree to have a Big Book Step Study sponsor within 30 days of admission to the Haven of Hope. Residents are expected to have regular contact with sponsor, weekly meet-ups and reading/writing the process a minimum of one hour daily.
- I understand that weekly house chores will be assigned and completed.
- Residents are required to remain in common areas of the house throughout the day/eve. Bedrooms are used for a place to nap during the day, retire in the evening, and remain during times of illness. Afternoon naps/rest/downtime hours are 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- All medications are kept locked in the House Managers office and will be available 8:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. and will require documentation of quantity, time and initials.
- 30 days (1 month) are required before applying for overnight pass. Passes are progressive and after 4 weeks at one night, may begin 2 overnights.Failure to be at location listed and/or with anyone other than approved visitor/family member will result in immediate discharge.